Opening - Assistant Director, Falcon Card Services
General Summary: The Assistant Director of Falcon Card Services is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Falcon Card Services business unit including its relevant contracts, systems, budget, supervision of student staff, marketing, and development as well as the management of the campus vending program.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee daily operations of the CBORD Odyssey system, managing database admin and performing routine maintenance. Work closely with CBORD to design and develop new system features to enhance the card program for all end users.
- Assist in the development of integrations to and from IDWorks, Banner, Velocity, Papercut, and other campus systems.
- Maintain system privileges and report configurations. Grant privileges and design reports for SPU departments and off campus vendors.
- Administer AdminWeb tools. Manage Activities, Web Sales and GET Student Suite.
- Coordinate with administration, academic departments, and vendors to troubleshoot equipment, software, and other technical components of the card system. Serve as primary leader to triage system problems.
- Coordinate with CIS and other staff/departments to ensure maximum "up time" for the card system and maintain schedule for equipment maintenance to optimize performance.
- Administer Attendance Tracking through CBORD Odyssey for academic and co-curricular use to track attendance at mandatory and optional events. Add activities to patron accounts for use, manage reporting provided to departments, and manage software/hardware use by various departments for attendance tracking.
- Works with cross campus partners and provides excellent customer service to issue and replace Falcon Cards/Specialty Badges/Conference Cards and maintain all aspects of patron Falcon Card Accounts including adds, charges, sales/voids (as necessary), refunding, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Negotiate and administer SPU's CBORD contract including addition of new services/hardware, annual maintenance, and service agreement.
- Manage the University's vending program (currently Pepsi and Canteen). Research vendors, negotiate contracts (with Director of OUS), audit vending machines weekly, track commissions, troubleshoot vending problems, issue refunds and monitor machine repairs. Propose and run promotions to encourage usage for vending machines. Annually review product offerings and request changes as needed to ensure selection meets needs of current campus population. Engage with vending providers regularly to install new machines to stay current with vending trends.
- Market and promote Falcon Card Services to the clients of the University. Maintain content for and work with University Communications in the design of all Falcon Card publications, forms, and website. Utilize content management software to make regular website updates.
- Perform on-going assessment of office operations and customer needs to create/modify policies and/or procedures for campus card operations. Maintain departmental Wiki notes on operational procedures and information.
- Monitor financial viability (both revenue and expenditure) of the operation through participation in the University's annual budget process.
- Post campus card charges into financial software daily. Prepare and submit Journals for all financial transactions in the prescribed format monthly. Track and submit Unclaimed Property data to Finance annually.
- Work with the Assistant Director of University Services to resolve any issues arising from the balancing of Falcon Funds Trial Balance monthly.
- Process supplier invoices and staff expense claims for approval by Director of University Services.
- Administer Falcon Fund refunding processes for graduating/withdrawing/transferring students and separating employees including patron communication, data management, account administration and completing financial documentation.
- Hire, train and supervise all Falcon Card and University Services part-time student staff.
- Schedule student staff for quarterly (weekly), finals and break shift schedules to meet all participating OUS department needs.
- Direct student staff through evaluation and education (supervising, coaching for improved performance, employee performance evaluation, etc.).
- Train and supervise Orientation Welcome Team Leaders during Orientation for card distribution.
- Serve on University committees as required.
- Review and revise Falcon Card Services CSOT emergency plan annually.
- Participate in annual performance review and annual goal setting processes.
- Attend professional development opportunities as mutually agreed upon with the Director of University Services.
- Attend SPU community events as designated throughout the year.
- Serve as the university delegate to NACCU and CBORD User Community (including attending annual conferences for each) and participate in other relevant professional development activities.