Opening - Assistant Supervisor, Access Control
Reporting to the Supervisor, Access Control, this position assists in the daily supervision of assigned Access Control personnel and supports the execution of projects, installations, modifications, and repairs for mechanical and/or electrical access control systems and hardware throughout the entire university.
- Supports the coordination of the daily work and responsibilities of Access Control personnel by reviewing tasks and schedules, inspecting job sites, and ensuring that quality work is completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Assists in planning job requirements and coordinating with other facility shops, departments, and/or outside contractors to ensure the appropriate support for each job. Assists in the communication with stakeholders to provide updates, answer questions, resolve issues, and ensure the efficient completion of projects and jobs.
- Assists in planning and overseeing the training and certification of all staff. Participates in the recruitment of positions including reviewing resumes, participating in interviews, and conducting performance review evaluations.
- May assist in resolving employee relations issues.
- Maintains records of work activities, time, supplies, and equipment to ensure the completeness and integrity of shop data. Researches and orders materials for maintenance work, projects, office, and training.
- Reviews and provides input for Access Control project requirements, operating instructions, and shop-related procedures. Helps ensure that all work performed complies with applicable federal regulations, contract requirements, University standards, and organizational goals.
- May respond to and investigate reported campus security violations related to the failure or breakage of locking systems, including after-hours response to emergency calls.
- May install, maintain, or modify mechanical locking devices and attached structures such as cylindrical, mortise, deadbolt, padlocks, combination locks, exit devices, and more.
- May install, maintain, or modify electronic access control systems including, but not limited to, automatic door open and close assemblies, circuit boards, card access systems, and more.
- In coordination with the Supervisor, may provide input and assistance with the budget for Access Control.
- May be responsible for meeting and maintaining training and certification requirements as outlined by the Auburn University Facilities Management Policy: “Training, Education, and Certification Requirements for Mechanical and Electrical Trades Personnel.”
- May perform other related duties as assigned by the Access Control Supervisor.