Get Involved - Volunteer
Get Involved - Volunteer
Build your network by volunteering with NACCU!
Now Accepting Volunteer Applications!
Our volunteers are vital to NACCU's success. We offer a variety of ways to get involved, from volunteering at an event to serving on a committee or as a member of the Board of Directors. Members like you stepping up to volunteer makes it possible to reach our goals and continue to move our association forward.
Why Volunteer? • Committee Descriptions • Application
Other Ways to Get Involved •FAQ • Questions?
You have passion for your job and the mission of your department on your campus
- You want to leverage your skills and experience in a meaningful way
- You want to meet new people and become more involved in the community
- You would like to take your career and resume to the next level
Read two perspectives from NACCU members!
From Emily Messa, University of Houston:
"One of my best professional experiences was attending the NACCU Orlando Conference in 2017. I was in awe – there were so many excellent education sessions and the vendor showcase was fantastic. At the vendor showcase, my colleague Esmeralda Valdez and I noticed an opportunity to register to serve on a NACCU committee, and we both eagerly added our names to the list of applicants. Soon after, we were honored..." (read more)
From William Bourlier, University of Southern California:
"My first ever conference experience was attending the NACCU San Francisco Conference in 2015. I learned so much during my first NACCU conference and attending the New Professional Institute. The Mentor Program was incredibly helpful to help guide me through the conference and make connections with other attendees. Through making those connections with other attendees, they recommended that I should volunteer for a committee. When the email came out for volunteers to serve on a NACCU committee..." (read more)
With NACCU staff, promotes member involvement and retention through new initiatives such as NACCU NetworX and provides ongoing support for programs like the Conference Mentor Program.
With NACCU staff, develops strategies to actively recruit new and past members to join the association and encourages current members to promote the association to potential institutions and vendors.
With NACCU staff, drives and develops the educational program for the Annual Conference, special projects, web conferences, and other educational initiatives.
With NACCU staff, identifies current issues in the field and addresses them through content and tools to provide NACCU members with practical information to assist them in decision-making for their campuses.
With NACCU staff, develops processes and initiatives for application, selection, training, and recognition of NACCU volunteers.
NACCU now accepts volunteer applications throughout the year. While the majority of volunteer and committee appointments will happen immediately following the annual conference, there is always the potential that a vacancy arises or a new opportunity comes about. Submit your application now and start down your volunteer path!
Apply now: https://naccuvolunteer.questionpro.com
Other ways to get involved
If you aren't ready to serve on a committee or are already serving and are looking for additional opportunities, here are some ways to step into serving with less commitment.
- Present a session at the NACCU Annual Conference, NACCU Near You, or the Canadian Campus Card Conference.
- Present a NACCU Web Conference.
- Volunteer to host a NACCU Near You event at your campus or in your area.
- Work with the Tech Research Committee to publish a Campus Profile Highlight about your campus and card program
- Volunteer to help with registration, greet and guide, or session moderation for an upcoming NACCU event
- Help recruit new members - and earn rewards for yourself at the same time! If you are attending another industry or related event, we can provide you with materials to print.
- Watch for emails and participate in initiatives like the Speedy Benchmark survey, board elections, and requests for Vault resources.
What is the length of a committee term?
A committee term is two years once appointed.
What if I change institutions?
If you change institutions, you will still continue in your volunteer role with NACCU as long as you are employed by a NACCU member institution.
What if I need to step down?
We realize that sometimes circumstances arise where you are unable to complete your volunteer term on a committee. Should that occur, please reach out to Dawn Thomas, NACCU CEO to advise her of the change. NACCU will always welcome you back when you are able to volunteer again.
What are the requirements to apply to serve on the Board?
In order to serve on the NACCU Board of Directors, you must meet these following minimum qualifications:
- Must be listed as a contact for a NACCU institutional member in good standing
- Three years or more experience in the campus identification/transaction industry
- Three years or more experience with NACCU including serving at least one successful years as a member on a NACCU committee
- Have attended at least one NACCU Annual Conference
Contact us for assistance or answers.